Transportation Safety Management
Adult people 18 and over must show legitimate recognition at the airport checkpoint to be able to travel.
- Driver’s licenses or other state photo identification cards given by Department of automobiles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted tourist cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs released to dependents
- Permanent card that is resident
- Border crossing card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued picture ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Foreign passport that is government-issued
- Canadian driver that is provincial permit or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker recognition credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
In coordination featuring its DHS counterparts, TSA has identified appropriate alternate recognition for use within unique circumstances in the checkpoint.
A gun license just isn’t a form that is acceptable of. a temporary motorist’s permit just isn’t a reasonable as a type of recognition.
Starting Oct. 1, 2020, in the event that you want to make use of your state-issued ID or permit to travel inside the U.S., be sure it’s REAL ID compliant. If you’re maybe maybe not certain that your ID complies with REAL ID, consult with your state department of automobiles.
TSA will not require young ones under 18 to supply recognition whenever vacationing with a friend in the united states of america. Contact the flight for concerns regarding specific ID requirements for people under 18.
Forgot Your ID?
In case you reach the airport without legitimate recognition, since it is lost or in the home, you might still be permitted to travel. The TSA officer may request you to finish an identification verification procedure which include information that is collecting as your title, present target, as well as other information that is personal to ensure your identification. Should your identification is confirmed, you shall be permitted to go into the assessment checkpoint. You’ll be at the mercy of screening that is additional to incorporate a patdown and testing of carry-on property.
You’ll not be permitted to enter the protection checkpoint when your identity may not be verified, you thought we would maybe maybe not offer identification that is proper you decrease to cooperate using the identification verification procedure.
TSA suggests which you get to minimum couple of hours prior to your journey time.
If the identification can not be confirmed, you will never be permitted to go into the testing checkpoint.